Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Restaurant Review: Cafe Sunflower

For years I've heard raves about Cafe Sunflower from all of my veggie friends, but for whatever reason I kept missing out. This year for Jessica's birthday she wanted to go there so I got to finally experience what everyone had been talking about.



The menu has several vegan and dairy-free entrees. The entrees are between $14-17, which includes dinner rolls and salad. I got the special of the evening: "Chicken" fried rice and it was full of veggies and "chicken" and had a really lovely soy sauce. I loved the salad with soy ginger dressing (yum) and the dinner rolls came with honey butter (yum).



You can check out the menu here.

The cakes were also divine and dairy-free. I had the carrot cake, which was delish and Jessica had the raspberry mousse.



The atmosphere was really intimate, there wasn't any alcohol if you care about that sort of thing. I wouldn't recommend the gluten-free dessert (very dry). You may have a tough time with some meat eaters converting to the soy meat, but if you like vegetarian food I think you'll really enjoy it!



© copyright homemade grits

1 comment:

jodi said...

This is where Maria & I went a few months back! I thought it was delicious too.