Friday, May 2, 2008

Ladies who lunch

I have had a day to make a working girl like myself jealous. I had breakfast with my husband, bacon, eggs, and gasp frozen waffles. Washed it down with a delicious cup of joe. My Mama keeps yelling at me for drinking too much caffeine, but it's my only vice.
After breakfast Sam went to work and I enjoyed a ritual of wiping down the kitchen counters, scrubbing the sink until it sparkles, and fluffing the pillows. The other rooms in our little cottage tend to get ignored but the living quarters get the royal treatment. Gotta stay prepared for drop by guests, you know?
After fluffing it was on to pulling weeds, fertilizing, and sitting on the front porch with some pink lemonade admiring my garden. I have become rather obsessed with it, writing in a garden journal and photographing its every move. Right now my heirloom rose is in full force, winding up the stairs of the back porch gracing us all with its creamy blooms:

A view of the back garden:

Home Sweet Home



© copyright homemade grits

I went to visit my dear friend Emily's baby, Grant, at Mamas before dashing to the nursery to pick up a few things. Then it was home to meet Sam on his lunch break. A treat only ocurring while he takes some computer classes.
Around 1 o'clock I headed to Roswell to meet my friend Jodi at the Fickle Pickle. It was delicious! We had chicken salad on a croissant. Yum!

The Fickle Pickle
Jodi is on vacation and glowed like a vacationing woman should! Sometimes a week off from work spent at home is the best way to recharge. Jo and I covered all the basics...life, love, work, babies, and fried pickles. Jodi is a doer, always got her hand in something. She pushes me to explore my options. She's good for me. She's the reason I came home and decided to try my hand at blogging. I don't know where it will take me...but for now I will finish my sweet peach tea.

No comments: