Thursday, June 12, 2008

Junk Mail

So, I am so tired of the massive amounts of junk mail that I get that I got angry today at my mailbox. It is absurd...trash, trash, trash! Not only do I just toss them, but it gives me a sense of guilt at all of the waste that ensues. I signed a petition to help stop junk mail. I became a vigilanty of sorts and sent the petition to everyone on my email list (which I never do) in a moment of sheer desperation.


Do Not Mail.org

My husband didn't get quite as fired up as I was after reading the petition:

Spammer! By forwarding this email you have contributed to the latest Pandemic, the "global spam crisis."

Every year spammers are responsible for bajillions of spam emails which have been linked to the decline in habitat of the baby seal and the yellow creasted owl parrot. Spam emails are also proven to cause pigeon toes, club foot, and male pattern baldness.

Please join me and the countless others who are fed up with all the Spam. Take back your inbox! Keep Spam at the grocery store and off your computer! Ask not what your country can do for you! I have a dream! Four score and seven years ago! We the people! No new taxes!

I love you!


He had me laughing until tears were streaming down my face. Guess I'll take off my cape for now.

I did talk to Jodi about the epidemic and she sent me here:



GreenDimes.com

Greendimes has been featured on Ellen, Good Morning America, and in the New York Times. There is a free basic package available, a premium package at $20, and a bundle package at $36. If you pay a nominal fee they will also plant atleast 5 trees on your behalf. Amazing! I totally plan on doing this and you should do!

She said after about 6 weeks she had noticed a dramatic difference.

I also heard about Catalogchoice.org from my friend Osayi. It is a free service that helps you cut down on the millions of catalogs you receive.


© copyright homemade grits

No comments: