Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fridays are for mothers

Matilda and I started off yesterday feeling very glamorous. We headed out early with Mom to go to a photoshoot. We will be making our editorial debut in Pregnancy and Newborn Magazine's April issue. We braved the cold and headed to Decatur and had such a good time. I got to have my hair and makeup done, which is always fun and Matilda did such a great job. Not too many smiles were doled out, but she was a trooper.

Then we headed to Rachel's house to meet her and Kate for lunch at 5th Earl Market for some delicious lunch fare. The sandwhiches and soup were divine. I had the Covent Garden panini and it was absolute heaven. I could have eaten my entire meal again right then and there!

Menu



image credit: 5th Earl Market

The we stopped by an adorable children's boutique, Wiggle, right next store. The store is small, but chock full with a large selection of Tea Collection and See Kai Run shoes, as well as personal favorites: Feather Baby and Kate Quinn organics. Next weekend is their semi-annual sale!!



We came home and rested up for the evening. Sam and I had a night out courtesy of Mom and Dad. We had the absolute pleasure of celebrating one of my favorite people in the world's birthday! We met Jodi and Bobby to spend the evening with the Atlanta Thrashers. We were among thousands out and about in the city on the coldest night of the year. The energy was contagious and it was incredible. Sam and I are still talking about how much fun we had. Thanks Jodi and Bobby for a wonderful evening!!! Happy Birthday Jo!













WE WON!!!!



© copyright homemade grits

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks, Les! We had so much fun, too! We'll have to do it again soon :) xoxo