Saturday, February 21, 2009

Showers, birthdays, and blunders

Ah, another birthday here you come, roarin' your ugly little head. Actually, this year I've decided to embrace my birthday. Today Matilda and I made a very late appearance to my dear friend Katie's baby shower. When I say very late, I mean we got there when the party was supposed to end. I thought the shower started at 3 and lo and behold it ended at 3. The girls were kind enough to let us in...

My friend Kathleen at work helped me pick out a lovely outfit for the event:


+

+
Really beautiful striped skirt that is not available online
+
Yellow tights
+
Silver t-straps with matching silver skinny belt

I felt like a woman that does tea time and it made me happy!

The evening included festivities for my 28th birthday. Dinner was at Carroll Street Cafe and then it was dancing at the Highland Inn. I had a delightful time and was so honored to have the company of some of my favorite besties (haha). Thank you to everyone who made the night so special for a mom who doesn't get out on the town much!



More pictures to come...

© copyright homemade grits

6 comments:

Dana said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Lesley!! You looked beautiful for your night of fun!

Christina said...

your outfit sounds adorable, and happy happy birthday!

Christy said...

You were indeed late, but whoa!... Were you FASHIONABLE!!! :0) It was wonderful seeing your face. So sad I couldn't make the girls night out... It sounds like it was a blast!! HAPPY HAPPY Birthday to a wonderful, graceful, beautiful woman!
I LOVE YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

I had a blast!!!! love you tons xoxo

Unknown said...

Awww that outfit looked SO CUTE on you. Happy belated birthday, bb!

eitak said...

Thank you for dropping by the shower and for the awesome presents. You can show up whenever you want when you bring Matilda...she is so gorgeous. Glad that your birhday bash was all that!