Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Recipe: Fail Proof Bruschetta



pronounced (bru.skeh.ta)

or if you're Giada (and I'm not) "Bruuusskkaeeettaaaa."
does that drive anyone else crazy???

First things first.

Ingredients:

cherry tomatoes on the vine
fresh garlic
olive oil
s+p
loaf of fresh french bread
fresh mozzarella

I first wash the tomatoes. It's good to be sanitary. Then I preheat the oven to 400.

While things are heating up I take (I don't use exact measurements sorry) a few splashes of olive oil, fresh garlic (or I typically get the minced garlic in the jar in the produce section) salt and pepper, I tear the mozzarella ball in to pieces, and then stir together.

Meanwhile, have the tomatoes roasting in a baking dish until their skin begins to crack (that sounds gross, but it's oh so good ).

After the tomatoes do their thing, add them to the olive oil mixture, squishing the tomatoes as you go. It's a delightful feeling.

Spoon out mixture on to pre-cut slices of bread and then return to the oven until the cheese is melted.

I guarantee a very happy mouth and a fast and easy appetizer.


© copyright homemade grits

2 comments:

blueeyedfreckle said...

yum. oh yum. the thing is... I always like to eat so much of this kind of stuff that it is more like a meal. love bread.

anna b said...

I CANT STAND GIADA! but my stepmom does have her cookbook and everything in it is amazing.