Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Back in the day, I had a “frenemy” who, as it turned out, was pretty hell-bent on taking me down. This person really did what they could to hurt me. I was deeply upset, I was angry, I was all of those things you feel when you find out that someone you thought you liked was venomous and dangerous. I restrained myself from fighting back. I tried to take the high road. But one day I heard that something unfortunate and humiliating had happened to this person. And my reaction was deep relief and…happiness. There went the high road.

- Gwyneth Paltrow

 read the rest here.

This struck a cord with me. Can't we all relate?



{we heart it}

© copyright homemade grits

2 comments:

Christina said...

you know i heard she was talking about winonya ryder when she wrote this? hmmmm.

Lesley said...

i heard that too! hilarious.