Wednesday, November 17, 2010

gardening 101: winter greens





even though the cupboard (weird word) was literally bare, i was so thrilled to be able to walk out to my garden and snip my lunch. sam planted all winter greens for the fall/winter. we've had a healthy dose of rain, so they've been really thriving. i love having a mix of nutty chard and spicy mustard greens. they made a fantastic salad, which i topped with a pink lady.

the easiest way to clean greens is to dunk them in a bowl of water. all of the dirt sinks to the bottom. i then pat them dry with a thick dish towel and eat them right away.

ps i can not get enough of gruyere cheese right now.

3 comments:

the southern hostess said...

Your salad sounds fantastic! Love this post.

Karissa Jade Ferguson said...

That does sound delicious, salad is probably my favorite food ha. I want to garden so badly!

Natalie said...

Everything looks (and sounds) delicious. I so need you to teach me all of your garden knowledge! I want a garden one day :)