Thursday, December 16, 2010

simple christmas



starting this year, as a family, we will be making a tradition out of everyone (in our immediate family, let's not get crazy) getting four gifts: something you want, something you need, something to wear, and something to read. this is not an original idea, i saw it on a blog last year, but unfortunately i can't remember who to give credit to. this is what matilda will be getting this year, she's the only one i can tell you about as she is only 2. she can work an iphone though, so maybe i should proceed with caution...

want,need,wear,read

ps. if i had seen these kitchens first i would have saved my pennies because they are the cutest kitchens i've ever seen!

8 comments:

BlueEyedYonder said...

Love the idea of want/need/wear/read. So simple and perfect! Your little munchkin is gonna love all of her surprises Christmas morning. Can't wait to see some pics. And thanks so much for linking to my Etsy shop, you're a sweetheart.

Ashley said...

This is a great idea! Kev and I were talking the other day about how we want to do something similar and give our kids 3 gits for Christmas, since Jesus got 3 gifts.

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

This pretty much looks my list, too!

Claire Kiefer said...

those kitchens ARE cute and she lives in Georgia huh! I just left her a comment yesterday when I saw that she participated in Micaela's ornament swap and was from GA. :)

Lord help us with Christmas traditions . . . yours is so cute (want/need/wear/read) . . . saying prayers that y'all come over the night of Christmas this year!

Anonymous said...

I love that idea! As of now, my kids only get 4 gifts - 3 from Santa (like the 3 wise men brought to baby Jesus), and 1 from us.

Your Southern Peach said...

Gosh, aren't those kitchens fabulous? I think next on their project list should be a custom "work bench" for the boys. Merry Christmas!

McMel said...

this is such a good idea. although what we got ended up looking like wear wear read read read

Anonymous said...

I saw and loved this idea too... I think it was from the design mom blog.