Tuesday, March 1, 2011

tamarindo costa rica travel guide: part 2


we certainly did our fair share of eating in costa rica. isn't that the best part of vacation?! we had breakfast most mornings at our hotel. breakfast was brought out by the lovely coco: granola with bananas, watermelon, mango, and pineapple. it was served with a pitcher of milk and some of the best coffee i've ever had. just a little slice of heaven.

for lunch we sort of wandered through the streets and sought out what sounded good. we loved eating on the beach, but felt like some of the prices were a bit steep. we had the most fantastic tacos at nogui's sunset cafe. to.die.for. also, we had such a great time at eat at joe's at witch's rock that we went two nights for dinner. they have great sushi and awesome nachos. richard, the owner of arco iris recommended la baula pizza bar for dinner and it was awesome! the place was packed and the pizzas were perfect and woodfired. so good. erik got the sausage hot dog pizza which was hysterical. it was literally an oscar meyer hot dog chopped over a pizza:/

our hotel has one of the best restaurants in the city: seasons by schlomy. the atmosphere was so fun on the tiny patio by the pool. there was live music and on my birthday sam had the mariachis serenade me with a love song. such a sweet memory. speaking of my birthday, for lunch sam and i had a little date and took a taxi to barcolo playa langosta. what we didn't know is that the hotel is all-inclusive. we found this out when they asked for our wrist band. lunch was a $20 buffet for visitors. we didn't want to turn right back around (we were starving) so we stayed. the food... let's just say i ate a roll, some fruit, and a scoop of really generic neopaliton icecream. we weren't discouraged though. we had several glasses of water wine and beer to make the trip worth our while. we ended up walking back to the hotel on the beach and it is one of my favorite memories from the trip!





check out more restaurant reviews here.

9 comments:

blueeyedfreckle said...

okay. my mother in law keeps asking me to come back to costa rica for christmas next year. maybe we should b/c you are killing me with these posts!!!! haha.

and you look SO DANG GOOD!!!!!

Lesley said...

aw, thanks friend. she wouldn't have to ask me twice! can you pack me in your suitcase?!

Ashley said...

The beach scene looks so lovely on you!

BlueEyedYonder said...

I am loving your hat. You are an absolute doll!

Lele said...

LOVE your hat!! Where did you get it??

Lesley said...

aw thanks for all of the sweet words friends!

re: lele
my mama got it for me from jcrew. it's a great price too!

Claire Kiefer said...

Wow these are gorgeous pictures. I can't wait to hear all about the trip!

Anonymous said...

jealous! looks amazing..now I'm dreaming of a trip like this one day : )

blueeyedfreckle said...

I know you would think that I would say yes in a second to going to costa rica (since she tries to offer me tickets there all the time), but the thought of bringing olivia on that 3.5 hour plane ride and only staying a week, and having to visit lots of relatives and maybe only going to the beach for a few days??? those are the reasons I never go.

I want to go and vacation like YOU did!