Thursday, September 1, 2011

detox day three



hello september! oh day three. you are consistently annoying. you make me want to shovel ice cream in my mouth so fast you never saw it. let me assure you that this did.not.happen. i even went to a bible study with full on birthday dessert happenings. hey gee, thanks for having a birthday during my detox, lisa. jokes jokes. kind of. happy birthday!

i think the best way to tackle the sugar cravings on day three is to make some nut butter. if you don't have a high speed blender (ask for one for your birthday) go out and get you some almond butter. spoon it up. makes you feel like your eating something sweet even though you are most assuredly not.

something i noticed on day three...
if i can't eat something sweet i thought "i'll just go shopping". i ordered four pairs of shoes (don't worry i'll only keep one. or two.) and i went to my notsosafe place... target. so, may i suggest that someone take your keys, credit card, and car on day three.

argan oil
i bought some. have you tried it? there's always so much fuss about it. i think i first heard about it from my girl, lc. i'll let you know what i think.

read why
day one
day two

*photo

5 comments:

jodi kendall said...

you are doing so awesome, keep up the great work!!! If there was a Target near me, I'd be in major trouble. ;) So great talking with you yesterday friend. Miss and love!

Anonymous said...

If you have a juicer, making fruit sorbets in it is so easy and tastes JUST like ice cream! Just freeze the fruit, and send it through! (Strawberries or Pears are my favorites.) Excellent for cravings or just a healthy snack.

LN said...

girl, argan oil will change your life. i use it every night and my skin has never looked better!

also-- you continue to be SO inspiring. after this long weekend i'm going to give this whole detoxing thing a try... thanks for being such a positive influence! :)

Lesley said...

thanks for the encouragement ladies! abigail- can't wait to try that sorbet. have a lovely weekend all.

blueeyedfreckle said...

you are hilarious! sad that almond butter is your sugar:( haha. but good for you! (even if you did break down the next day! and you can totally rock those shoes. I know though, I feel the same way when I put on my danskos, but if you are on your feet all day, then they will thank you. And I am SURE you are making them look awesome. oh and that purely decadent ice cream is so yummy