Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sloppy Joes, Slop Sloppy Joes

Last night was day two of my trial. We invited my Mom and sister, Rachel, over for dinner. You guessed it sloppy joes! As I flipped through my cookbooks on Sunday I was hit with the hunger when I saw a recipe for homemade Sloppy Joes. The cookbook was Dave Lieberman's Young and Hungry cookbook. I got it right after Sam and I got married and had only made the white sangria (delicious by the way). I altered the recipe a little bit. It was super easy and everyone said it was the best they'd ever had. I was so proud! I also halfed the recipe to feed just six instead of twelve.

Sloppy Joes
1 1/4 lb ground beef
1 chopped onion
1/2 cup ketchup
2/3 cup bbq sauce ( i prefer Williamson Bros., local and to die for)
2 shots of Harachi sauce or tobasco
2 splashes of worchestire sauce
ground pepper to taste
2 T tomato paste
hamburger buns

Chop the onion and then brown in olive oil until translucent. Add the beef and brown until juice drains. Add tomato paste and then the rest of the ingredients combined. Cook about 10 min. Enjoy!!!!









Amazon.com

Oh, yeah and he's a total babe!

Can we discuss the Hills? I got caught up today and can I just say...Lo is being quite the little brat these days. She's always been my fave, but lately...whoa!


Watch this week's episode!
update: trent says it best

source: pinkisthenewblog.com

© copyright homemade grits

No comments: