Wednesday, May 14, 2008

the wires, the wires, the wires are on fire!

So, last night when I was dog tired and watching Ricki Lake's documentary, The Business of Being Born (I'll come back to this) I saw and heard what looked like fireworks going off in the street. I'm like, "Sam, SAM!" We run outside to meet a bunch of scared neighbors and smoke and Logan tells us it was a transformer that blew up. Then Eric stumbles upon a bumper in the road.



turns out some idioso hit a telephone pole and ran. While we are discovering this another transformer blows, more neighbors come out. This is all at about 9:30pm. The next thing we know, the wires are sparking, telephone poles are on fire, and the entire marietta fire dept is on our street!

Christy tries to flag down the fire dept.




A wire down.







One of my favorite lines: You can't make this stuff up!





©copyright homemade grits

No comments: