Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Stroller shopping

Let me just say that I have had a very hard time choosing a stroller. I have a deep rooted ideal of a stroller ever since I was a little girl. I think all girls pretend to stroll their baby dolls and imagine themselves as a super polished Mama strolling in a park with their sweet baby. I remember one of my favorite books, Baby Dear where the Mom strolls her baby and the little girl strolls Baby Dear.



I have always loved the old fashioned prams, they are so fabulous. However, throwing it in the back of the car to go to Target, not so practical...



Silver Cross Pram

I also really love the Orbit stroller systerm, but with the price being around $900, I can't swallow it. I do have a co-worker who says it was worth every penny, i just don't have that many. The orbit is clearly the new Bugaboo in the celebrity world. I've been able to get my hands on it and it is super easy to use and has great cupholders, gadgets, etc.



Orbit baby

Another favorite is the Quinny Buzz. I love how your baby faces you and the bright colors are so fun. It also automatically opens with one touch. I just think I would feel really happy to have this stroller! It is still pricey at about $600.



Quinny Buzz

The Metrolite stroller by Graco is a popular choice. Simple and classic in black would be my choice. The other options are usually prints, pinks, you catch my drift.



Graco Metrolite

I have heard from a lot of moms, not to go with the travel systems. Most of them tend to be on the bulky side and they outgrow them so fast. I've had a lot of people say to stick with a light frame to put the carseat in and then get a lightweight stroller later. The only thing is they are not very attractive...



Graco Snugrider Infant Carseat frame

if anyone has a suggestion, I would love to hear it!

© copyright homemade grits

No comments: