Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Steps to a Monday Meltdown

I can honestly say that throughout my pregnancy I may have been irritable at times, but rarely crazy. Last night however was a different story...

My day started with a doctors appt, which in truth I dread. I have to get weighed (egads!), wait forever, and this appt was the strep b test. The strep test was no big, but then my lovely doctor asked me if I wanted her to check my cervix. Why am I always so anxious to know everything? I of course said (practically screamed) "YES!". To say it was uncomfortable is quite the understatement, which got me thinking, "How will I get through labor?!". The results were encouraging...she said I was 50% effaced and a finger-tip dialated. All this really tells me is that things are on their way...

Afterwards I spent some time with Mom and Grant and later Lynndaddy and Grammy. It's so comforting for me to be around them and I loooove spending time with Grant. He is so sweet! All I could think about the whole time was how exhausted I am and how I was going to make it through the next 2 weeks at work.

I went to work and everything was fine. Work is actually great, it's just that I am so tired and my feet hurt so bad. They have been getting increasingly more swollen. I gained 5 lbs over the last 2 weeks and my doctor said it was water weight and just sort of grimaced when she saw my feet and hands. Repeat: This too shall pass and I won't care when she is here!

So, after work I headed in the rain to Mom and Dad's to pick up the poster Jake had framed for me. I got there in my overtired state and see that the mat is black and not white like I had wanted. Normally, so not a big deal. I probably didn't clarify! Poor Jake, he was doing me a favor.

I got home and everything was ok, I ate my dinner that sweet Sam prepared for me. I looked at my emails, got exhausted at the thought of returning them, which is normally something I really enjoy. I stared at the wall. Then, Mom called and said that Jake could get the mat fixed and I just started crying uncontrollably! It was ridiculous. Sam finally took the phone away from me, told Mom we would call her later. He then called Megan to tell her I needed a day off to relax, he turned off my phone (sorry Luce!), rubbed my feet, made me tea, and then we watched Weeds Season 3 finally! I then went to bed.

You are wonderful husband! I'm sorry for losing it!

The funniest part of this story is the straw that broke this camel's back was supposed to be my new motto:

bahahahaa. Please have patience with me friends. I'll be back to my old self soon. For now this pretty much sums it up:

© copyright homemade grits


lauren b. said...

Hang in there, Miss Lesley! She'll be here soon, soon, soon!

Anonymous said...

I love you lou lou! Everything will be great soon. I love the pic of you. JX

Kellee said...

Sweet Lesley!!! I immediately regretted the first time they checked me toward the end of my pregnancy, too!! Like you, it was good news, but Lord, it HURT! I will assure you now, that labor and delivery do not feel like an extension of that "check". Thankfully, God has a miraculous way of getting us prepped for birthing!
You're going to do wonderfully!

Jessica said...

I love you tons lesley. Its Almost over!

homemade grits said...

thank you for all of your sweet comments. they really do get me through the day!!