Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sam tells me to get a hobby

Sam is tired of listening to me complain about still being pregnant and being bored so he told me to get a hobby (as if I won't have my hands full here soon...hopefully). Thinking about hobbies, I really want to learn how to quilt. Sam's Mama loved quilting and months ago she asked me, "Who will teach the baby how to quilt?." I think that she knew she was on borrowed time and I wish that I had sat with her and watched her beautiful hands sew while learning a thing or two. Alas, I would love to pass that tradition down to Matilda in honor of her grandmother.

Some inspiration:

I love Aunty Cookie. This woman is so inspirational. She is an Austrailian textile designer and just totally adorable. She is also on etsy. Here is a recent quilt that she made.







Isn't it glorious?

The second thing that I would love to do is be an expert scrapbooker, using vintage and new fabrics and papers to create the ultimate baby book for our new little family member. I'm also on the search for the perfect album. Any ideas?

Inspiration:

I did a feature a while back on Ali Edwards and a weekend project; however she is also an amazing scrapbooker. Here are some faves...






© copyright homemade grits

No comments: