Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dear Daughter

So, I'm a week late on this letter to Matilda, but here goes...

Dear Matilda,

You are two months old. I really can't believe it. I'm still very emotional and cry when I look at you. I try not to because I don't want to worry you. You look worried enough as it is. You furrow your little eyebrows when anyone acts silly and we always say, "So serious" to you and try to make you smile. Speaking of smiling...you are smiling more and more. Uncle Jake came over yesterday to work on his sweet beats and you smiled up a storm. He is quite the baby charmer.

You are talking more and more. You coo and we coo back and we stick our tongue out at you and you try to do the same. It's really funny. You had a moment with Beebs where you cooed at her while we had our first dinner out. It was nice to have an adult meal, but I missed you the whole time.

You are sleeping in your crib like a big girl. You started on your 8 week birthday and have been doing so ever since. It was hard at first and you missed snuggling with us, but you hung in there. You are going to bed around 8 o'clock and sleeping until between 2-3 am. I'm hoping that time will get a little bit later. I'm quite the zombie.

We've been really busy running around with Beebs almost every day. We've had so much fun going to the Farmer's Market, cooking, shopping...but I've taken these last few days of my maternity leave to hoard you for myself. I don't want to make any plans so that it will go by slowly. I'm very sad about not being with you every day. I can't even think about it.

You are 11 and one half pounds and 23 inches. I love every bit of them.

Love and many many kisses,

Your Mama









© copyright homemade grits

2 comments:

Dana said...

that is the sweetest letter..i'm going to pass this on to my sister so that she knows what to expect when her little one turns 2 months..;)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet smile! YOu wrote a lovely letter.

Love the boots to.