Monday, January 12, 2009

Just as soon as you think you got it down

So, the rice cereal was working like a charm. Then just as my Mom predicted...Matilda has begun the dreaded teething phase. Sweet angel has been moaning and sucking on anything in sight, particularly her hand. I feel so bad for her! I apparently also began teething around 4 months. I'm trying to avoid giving tylenol as much as possible. I found these natural suggestions on Hippie Dippie Bebe's website:

Top Ten Natural Teething Remedies

10. Plush chew toys



Under the Nile

9. Your finger



8. Cold fruits or veggies



source:technabob

7. Wooden teething toys and rings



$11.95

6. Single Dose Chamomilla Homeopathic Remedy



$26.99

5. Clove-Oil for Painful Gums



Clove oil

4. Amber Teething Necklaces



Natural Baby Co

3. Ice Cube and Slushy Remedies



source:preschool mama

2. Cold, Frozen Washcloths



source:My Savannah Cottage

1.Hyland’s Teething Tablets or Boiron Camilia



$5.19



© copyright homemade grits

4 comments:

The New JC said...

tara's son wears the amber necklace and it really seems to have helped. don't ask me how but he' worn it for months. it's cute too:)

Christy said...

let the fun times begin!... actually, it really isn't as dreaded as everyone makes it out to be. jack never did have too hard of a time. i will say, though, that the wet frozen washcloth idea is a good one. for some reason they just love sucking all the water out...

love you. and i do want to get together soon.

Beyond Blessed in GA said...

I have a friend who swears by the amber necklace, and I agree they are so cute! We loved teething tablets, and the washcloths aforementioned!

My kids never had too rough a time either, but I am not one to attribute behavior to teething,... unless someone is suggesting something about my kids that I dont like,... "Oh he must be teething..." :)

Again, I hope peace and relief are coming your way!

Beyond Blessed in GA said...

Oh, also big "whats up doc" type carrots, my son loved those!