Thursday, November 5, 2009

My kind of day

Starts with my morning banter with Sam. We start teasing each other with our first breaths. Then it's Matilda time. I love seeing her smiling face in the morning. This morning I was greeted by a bouncing child squealing with delight, tiny hands clutching her monitor antenna. Ay-y-y. She screamed bloody murder when I put it back. After our morning routine I was able to squeeze in a workout (although I got a friendly phone call with a coffee invite and it was soooo hard to turn down). Discipline.

Then I worked on writing a few things before the after nap routine, then it was a short stroll with Guinness. My main gripe about my 'hood is that there is no great path to walk on...

Then I whipped up a simple, but lovely pasta salad complete with herbs and tomatoes from our garden. Feels good.

Tonight I'll get a visit from Rachel and then it's a victory party for this guy!







just because these make me happy.

oh and i'm buttcrazy in love with all of these.

what are some of your favorite workout dvd's?

© copyright homemade grits

3 comments:

O'Dell Family said...

Hi! I love those sweet baby outfits too! Precious! My favorite workout DVD for now is Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. Before I became pregnant with our fourth, I did it 5-6 times a week for 4 months with great results. The best part, it only takes 30 minutes from beginning to end, that I can handle, not a 2 hour trip to the gym and I'm not designed to be a runner! Ha! If you have comcast, you can get it for free! Do you know of any good workout dvds for pregnant ladies? I have been looking for something!

Lesley said...

thanks heather! a friend just recommended that to me also. congrats on your fourth baby!! wow! so amazing. my hat comes off. as far as pregnant dvds go, i didn't move the whole time i was pregnant so i'm not sure...i'll try and do some research! actually i really enjoy anna getty's prenatal yoga. very relaxing.

blueeyedfreckle said...

love that photo of matilda in the swing. gorgeous. and so fall.