Friday, May 28, 2010

serenbe.

oh serenbe. i have been wanderlusting for you since i first saw you. well, i actually first saw you in a wedding magazine, but i don't have record of that...

a few weeks ago my neighbor katie and i talked about taking a field trip. we looped in jen, willow, and christy to join us in a mini-van excursion. we packed everything but the kitchen sink and left early yesterday morning...




the homes are stunning, but we were more taken aback by the gardens.





me made a pit stop at blue eyed daisy bakeshop which could not have been more quaint.






we enjoyed a picnic under the gazebo and bounced on an in-ground trampoline for dessert.




lastly we snuck in to the inn at serenbe. dear sam, please take me here.






see a whole lot more here

ps speaking of my darling husband it is his birthday today!! we have a lot of special things in store this weekend to celebrate. enjoy your long weekend. see you on tuesday!


© copyright homemade grits

3 comments:

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

What a beautiful place! I'm just amazed at how old the town looks, even though the website leads one to believe that it is a newer community. The developers did an incredible job.

Dana Poole said...

I saw the article in the Cottage Living magazine several years ago. I fell in love with this community as well.

Claire Kiefer said...

1. Happy birthday to Sam Graham and Kit Kiefer!
2. I want those three baby girls in my arms right now! Do you realize how lucky you are??

I get to see you so soon!!