i like to keep my blog as a mix of different areas of my life as to not bore anyone BUT i just can't help but share my "rebuilding your temple" experience. i thought i would share with those of you that don't have access to a program like this what we are learning each week. so, every tuesday you'll get a recap from me as well as some homework via paul.
this week: water
rid your body of toxins by flushing them out with good, clean water (not tap). the goal is to drink 1/2 an oz per pound of body weight. this is something i definitely need to work on, so i'm right there with you.
paul suggests "waking up with water." this means drinking a liter of water right when you wake up. this energizes the body. he recommends drinking purified water at room temperature so that your body doesn't have to work too hard to maintain homeostasis.
notes of interest:
- water plays a role in every body function
- your body requires a constant daily supply in order to get rid of waste, otherwise all of the toxins just sit in your body
- have clear urine (body functions will be a part of these posts)
- try to avoid drinking water 30 min before meals, as well as during. this allows the enzymes in your body to properly break down the food. don't panic if you need a sip of water, just try and live by this nugget
- drink more water!
- make sure you're drinking filtered water
- use a bpa free bottle or stainless steel
ps i was super excited to have some friends come out last night. makes me so happy to see people i love taking charge of their health!