Wednesday, May 18, 2011

summer reading

row 1: uprising, the four agreements, bittersweet, crazy love

i took a little facebook poll yesterday to get some advice on inspirational reading. i've been feeling a bit challenged lately in my faith, i've also been feeling pretty numb and tired from all sorts of different life circumstances. i asked my friends for their picks for best uplifting books and/or devotionals. the response was really great and i got a wonderful variety of books to choose from. the friends i heard from are all interesting and diverse (even some guys chimed in). i wanted to pass along this little collection in hopes that you too may benefit from some inspiration. i'm really excited to check out some of these authors i am unfamiliar with. happy reading!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Lesley - what a great list! I've been meaning to add some inspirational/devotional books to my Kindle and I never know quite where to start. Any thoughts on an equivalent list for men? Always looking for books to bring for my husband on vacation too!

AJ said...

i'm not a person of faith, but i do like to remind myself to celebrate all the small things that make me happy - so "cold tangerines" is going to have to be added to my book list! thanks for the suggestions. :)

Michelle said...

I just finished Crazy Love and liked it. I've also read Power of a Praying Wife. While, I didn't like all of the things she said... I did get a lot of out it. I'm sure the parenting will be similar.

I may have to check out some of the others.

Your Southern Peach said...

I'm reading Cold Tangerines right now and LOVE it!

Osayi said...

Also, Les, "A New Earth" — I found it to be the perfect companion after reading "The Power of Now." I'm always interested in personal development, spiritual and otherwise, so thanks for sharing!

Lesley said...

re: emily
glad you like the list! some of the books were recommended by men and there are several that are sort of universal. i'll keep my ear to the ground for more books for men. a guy friend recommended a book called "a road less travelled." hope that helps?!

McMel said...

emily- i know my husband just finished reading fearless not that long ago- that's on the list!

Julie Holloway said...

hands down CS Lewis Mere Christianity
It will blow your hair back.