my top tips for getting things done:
1. make to-do lists. i am loving remember the milk. super user-friendly and syncs with ipad, iphone, etc. you can even tweet yourself to-dos! honestly, what is better than checking things off a list?
2. set a timer and try and see how much you can get done in 30 min, an hour, etc i am amazed by how much i can get done when i'm not distracted.
3. give yourself fun things to do in between so that you feel re-charged. my favorites: yoga, walking, tickling matilda, watching felicity, etc
4. stay away from internet candy: pinterest, facebook, twitter, etc
5. cut out wine (alcohol) during the week. if i have a glass i am calling it a night.
6. make your bed! i feel ten times more organized when my bed is made.
7. put on your clothes right when you get out of bed. if i linger in my cozies, it's a lot slower of a morning (not to say you shouldn't indulge in this once in a while).
8. good jams! when i'm sewing/ crafting if i have fun music i enjoy it more and get more done. quick story: matilda is obsessed with "good jams." matilda: "mama, who is this?" me: "madonna." matilda: "turn madonna up. that's a good jam."
9. turn off notifications and hide your phone. i have to MAKE myself do this, otherwise i'm just checkin' out my instagram stats. lame.
10. wake up 30 minutes earlier. even 15 extra minutes will help your day run a little smoother if you're prepared. you won't be running late and you'll have a moment to be inspired. read something uplifting, watch the sunrise, breathe deeply in meditation.
so spill it. what are your tips for being productive?
image matchbook magazine