Monday, June 30, 2008

First Look: Matilda's Room

I've had a lot of people ask me what we're doing for Matilda's room, so I thought I would share some pictures! Probably the highlight of every pregnant woman's third trimester is decorating. With all of the waiting it's a fun distraction to get caught up in bumpers, rocking chairs, and clothes!

We purchased the Expedit from Ikea for storage purposes and I have a thing with cubbies. Daddy helped set it up and he did a great job. There were a few hiccups, but Mom and I supervised:).





Sam and Daddy breaking out the furniture...We got Matilda an easel to inspire her creativity. I love school house touches like chalk boards and old books.



Grammy and Lynndaddy got us the adorable rocking chair and pillows, and the crib was my cousin Patrick's.





We still have a lot of final touches to do, but here is the rough draft!





The bedding I got on ebay and I love it! I wanted something that was sweet and not overly fussy.



So, here is a little peak at what our weekends have been like! Thanks again Jake for helping me pick up the mattress!!

© copyright homemade grits

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's beautiful! she'll be so happy in there!

Anonymous said...

OMG! i love the bedding! and the colors! and the sweet mannequin on top of the shelf! shes gotta be artsy of course!! I can't wait to make stuff for her roooooom!

Anonymous said...

I love the Tiffany's on the shelfs..great touch. Looks great. I love the bedding you went with. I cant wait to see my niece. JX

Anonymous said...

you guys did such a great job! it looks beautiful.