Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Before and After

My Mama and I spent a lovely day together getting our nails done, having lunch with Rachel, and then surprising Sam with a new and improved office! I love decorating with Mama because we always end up with fun results. I'm thankful to have inherited a small chunk of her love of design. I am also thankful to have a Mom that is always there for me and always up for anything. I couldn't love her more!

So, without further adieu here are the before and afters of the office.

Center of Room
{before}

{after}

Inspiration

Reality



Desk
{before}

{after}


Bookshelves/Workspace
{before}



{after}


Inspiration


Reality


Bright file cabinet



Inspiration


Sam was so surprised and really loved the way things turned out. I tried to create a retreat for him and a creative space for his leather working! With Mom's help it only took a few hours and now I can breathe in there! Tomorrow I will be so satisfied because I plan on cleaning as long as my feet allow me to.

© copyright homemade grits

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How ever you managed to create such a cozy space out of my pig pen is a mystery to me! I love it and I love you even more!!

Kellee said...

It's like a breath of fresh air!

homemade grits said...

yay! i think so too. thanks kellee!

Erin said...

The coloring out of the books is a nice touch. It looks amazing. Sam must be SO proud!

Anonymous said...

What happened to the oh so loved pulp fiction...we spent alot of money on that. HEHE. JX

homemade grits said...

hehe