Tuesday, January 12, 2010

don't worry

do you ever feel like you have trouble expressing yourself or you struggle with feeling like you haven't said the "right" thing? i think that is why i love blogging, it allows me to have my thoughts come across the way that i want them to. so often i speak out of nervousness, my goal is just to speak less. listen more.

today i finished up a scarf for a friend. matilda was my fit model. it's a take on the knit bow scarf that i keep seeing, but this is made from a recycled shrunken sweater and soft fleece that will be against babies skin. the scarf is one size fits all. i want to make some more with fabric...





matilda is all about some kissy kissy, which i love being the recipient of! she is so awesome, i just love being her mama.



i've been catching up on a lot of sewing. time management has been interesting with a 15 month old...i'm in dire need of a planner. got any favorites?

here is a dress i finished for sweet baby caroline. i can't wait to see her in it!



and if you're so inclined to join us, here is our verse of the week!

Philippians 4:6

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

ps. i'm still in my pajamas.

© copyright homemade grits

9 comments:

Jodi Kendall said...

love the knit bow scarf! very cute.

hiking in stilettos said...

that scarf is precious! and so is the model :)

Claire Kiefer said...

Both the scarf and the dress are darling. Almost as darling as Matilda. Miss you!

katie k said...

love it all girl!!! you are so talented and have such an eye for color and pattern..

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! We love it! It is amazing and so are you. I can't wait for Logan to wear it. Thanks so much. Hope to see you and tilda Thursday. Love you guys. X

jen said...

Your stuff is so darling! that scarf...and that dress! wow!

esther lee said...

She is so precious!

I love this Moleskine because I can see everything for each week as well as use the right page for list making, jotting down thoughts, etc. It's simple, no fuss.

http://www.moleskineus.com/moleskine-weekly-planner-pocket-black-softcover.html

bonjouritsjinah said...

Oh, I adore the baby version of this scarf! It turned out great, Les!

And for planners, this year I diverged from ones I normally use and bought myself a myAgenda by momAgenda. It has the perfect number of "other" schedules to match with my iCal. Most of the time I just use the calendar function on my phone, the paper one is in case I need to jot something down real quick and don't have enough time to format it digitally.

brightandblithe said...

Your bow scarf is darling, and so is your little one.