Wednesday, May 4, 2011

may 3rd

you can read more details about the dress here.

i realize that today is the fourth, but this was the third in a nutshell. matilda is obsessed with climbing in baskets. she loves the towel basket in our bathroom (as seen here) she love the laundry basket, the toy basket in her room. basically if it resembles a basket... she's in it.

my heart was heavy on may 3rd. i spent moments throughout the day offering up prayers for some really wonderful people going through something that no one should have to. their baby was airlifted to a hospital shortly after he was born with complications. i have not heard if there has been an update because i'm too worried to check. breaks my heart. it also makes me stop and take in how incredibly blessed we are to have a healthy child. it's not a given, but a true deep blessing. thank you God.

i've also felt so strangely about all of the news about the death of one of the biggest enemies that i think we've ever faced as a country. the verminous hatred and dancing in the streets just reminds me of how bad that looks when we see other countries celebrating deaths of americans. hate does not overcome hate.

deep thoughts tonight.

in other news i've been working hard at getting tiny fete up and running. i feel really excited about a fresh start. it feels good. i still have so much to do and told everyone a bit on the early side (hello no business cards), but that's how i roll...

5 comments:

Shaunna Faye said...

There has been an update. You can see it on either of their facebook pages if you haven't already. Chris and I have been feeling sick over the situation too. My last 2 blogs have been about it. I tear up every time it enters my mind.

Bridget said...

good point-- i mean, i do like celebrating good overcoming evil but a death is a death... it's strange to be high fiving and shouting for joy over it...

AJ said...

"the verminous hatred and dancing in the streets just reminds me of how bad that looks when we see other countries celebrating deaths of americans. hate does not overcome hate."

well said!

Your Southern Peach said...

I will not celebrate the death of any person because of my own religious reasons.

However, I do congratulate and respect our military for their sacrifice and service to protect our freedom and our country.

My heart and prayers are with your friends!

Congratulations on your new ventures. I'm sure you will be a mad success :)

Claire Kiefer said...

I love you and Matilda so much, and I'm so sorry about your friends and their suffering baby. That kind of thing is impossible for me to comprehend.

I couldn't agree more about the whole bin Laden thing. I've had to avoid facebook as much as possible because it makes me too sad to see people hallelujah'ing all over the place. What he did to the US was tragic and devastating, but we have killed so many people over there trying to get him. Which means thousands of families are grieving. I can't understand celebrating.

Miss you lots.