i have so many inspiring people in my life and right now i'm feeling inspired by my friend jodi who just started a personal fitness challenge (7 days straight of bikram anyone?), while i may not be quite as adventurous with my goals (if i'm not sitting around at night SCORE) i'm looking forward to kicking my own wellyouknow.
for starters i've been using my fitness pal thanks to claire and lindsey's glowing reviews. i love that the food database has everything in it. earth balance soy free butter. check. ezekial sprouted grain english muffin. check. it also keeps track of how much water i'm drinking, which makes me want to drink more!
so, i feel like i have a good handle on food, but it's time to step up my game in the exercise department. brisk walk with guinness? done. yoga more than once a week? done.
so here are 15 fitness goals (baby steps):
- go to the wanderlust festival at piedmont park
go to yoga after dark with some friends
- walk guinness every day for one month
- run around at the park with matilda twice a week for two months
- lift weights three times a week
- hike kennesaw mountain once a week for a month
- yoga 2-3 times a week
- wake up early and take a be efficient class
- touch my toes (don't laugh at me)
- perfect my downward dog
- hold a backbend for one minute
- run a 5k
walk to the farmers market and back
- 200 jumping jacks a day for 5 days straight
- overcome fear of running
if and only if i complete all 15 i will buy myself something new.